Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is stopping nail-biting just a matter of pure mental will?

I think with any bad habit its partly you fully concentrating on stopping yourself and partly finding some sort of 'cue' to remind yourself of doing that bad habit without thinking.


My daughter used to bite her nails all the time. What cured her was getting a set of those gel nails they aren't anything you even want to chew :) if that doesn't work you can try hypnotherapy where they just make the suggestion that you no longer bite your nails and it works but it really depends on the person.


Good luck!!Is stopping nail-biting just a matter of pure mental will?
Yes. It's a habit, that by modifying your behavior will change. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle, I stopped biting my fingers, but I still bite my thumbs. Go figure!Is stopping nail-biting just a matter of pure mental will?
yeah you are right..........................you can try having some chewing gum or other eatable to avoid it...
no. it is a habbit. it is just like smoking and trying to quit. they have stuff you can put on your nails so when you bite them it tastes really bad. it worked for me
Yes it is just a matter of physiological will. I was also biting my nails before an it became a manerism. When i bit my nail it bleed and i never did it again.
I don't know i have been biting my nails for over 30 years and I have stopped for a while but as soon as they grew out I was at it again...Good Luck
Actually nail biting is a habit from the past--when ur nervous u get to do it more often -try putting adesive tapes or scotch tape to your finger tips and it may stop--its not a nasty habit--but the end results r excruciating pain--esp the hang nail-which is variably wht they become-and u cant grow long lustrous nails--so watch out sweety

No comments:

Post a Comment